Saturday 28 June 2014

For Starters...

Hi guys! So this is my FIRST EVER blog post! For any of you reading this out there -whether there is actually anyone reading this is a good question-, but if you are taking the time to read my blog (thank you!), then I think its time to introduce myself.
I'll try and be pretty informal about this, however my natural writing style is to write with a formal tinge so I'm sorry if this doesn't feel as comfortable as it could be (I'm working on it!). 
First things first, my name. Whatever you want to call me, Rachel, Ray, Rach (although I'm not the hugest fan of the last one) I don't mind, whatever makes you feel as comforted when reading this as possible, that is my aim. My mum hates anyone to call me anything other than Rachel, but I do like a good nickname, and when Ray popped up a couple of years ago it just sort of stuck. My English teacher in high school liked to refer to me as 'Moggy', due to my last name being Morris and the old cars 'Morris Miners' being nicknamed as Moggies. However, that one didn't really catch on, but at least he tried. 
At the moment I'm 16 years old, only just, and I finished high school about three weeks ago, which still seems completely surreal and definitely hasn't sunken in yet. It seems crazy to think that 5 years ago I was nervously awaiting my first day at high school with bated breath, and now I'm nervously awaiting college, although everyone says that college is a great experience, and getting to study subjects that you actually want to study has to be a plus, right? I'll let you guys know how it goes when the day finally arrives, however for right now I'm a little too nervous to be able to see much of a positive side about it. 
There are a few reasons why I decided to write this blog. For starters, watching Youtubers and discovering new ones who really deserve more credit has sort of become my life ever since I finished school and now have waaaay too much time on my hands. As much as I love watching the most famous Youtubers, e.g. Zoella, PointlessBlog, SprinkleOfGlitter etc etc, I love finding new people who really inspire me to do what they are doing and to make my own Youtube channel. I think that for shy people who don't really voice how they feel very often (believe it or not, shy people do have feelings and opinions too), and me belonging to the more reserved species, writing a blog is a great way to let out how you're feeling and to say things you wouldn't usually talk about to other people, and many of the Youtubers who are now famous just by talking to a camera suffer from anxiety and feeling as though they can't talk to other people about how they feel. 
I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to talk about on this blog. I want to try and help people, especially those who, like me, struggle to talk to people about what they are feeling and instead let it build up inside them until they are fit to bursting with all this emotion, because trust me, I know EXACTLY what that's like, and having someone who understands what you're going through is sometimes just what you need. No, I'm not a councilor (I'm only 16), and that's not what this is about, its just about me being able to empathise with people and to sort out any problems that I can help with. Of course, I will also be creating blog posts on many aspects of my life, whether it be my friends, family, fashion, makeup, or whatever I feel like blogging about, but helping people and attempting to bring a little bit of 'sunshine' into their lives will also be a big aspect of this blog. 
Of course, if you have anything you want to ask me, or anything you want me to talk about, just ask! 

No comments:

Post a Comment